Learning to sing can seem a little bit (or a lot!) scary at first. OpenVoice Studios provides a warm, safe, comfortable and private space for singers of all levels to explore their own sound.
Private lessons means that each lesson is all about you! Your teacher sets a pace that works around your learning style and the practice time you have available.
The first step to great singing is great technique!
We can help you gain control, increase stamina, build confidence and find your own voice through the study of:
- Proper breath support
- Vowels, consonants and placement
- Range and registers
- Pitch and key
- Volume control
- Rhythm and phrasing
- Vibrato and other vocal ornaments
- Vocal styles such as belting, breathy, twangy
- Warm up and practice techniques
- Vocal health, maintenance and tension release
- Accessing your own creativity
- Recording and critiquing
Singing is about much more than just vocal skill…
Great singers are able to conquer mental barriers that prevent them from accessing their unique abilities. We can help you break through your barriers!
- Discover what is holding you back and free yourself from it
- Explore how preconceptions about yourself (or others’ preconceptions of you) affect your singing
- Build a stronger connection with your music
- Build a stronger connection with your audience
- Have permission to sing out loud, despite your fears
We’ll get you ready to take the stage!
We work hard to prepare our students fully for all of their performances, whether they perform in our shows or elsewhere. Throughout their course of voice lessons, in addition to voice technique, students work on:
- Conquering stage fright
- Creating an emotional and engaging performance
- Improvisation skills
- Microphone control
- Song selection, analysis, arrangement and memorization
- Building repertoire
- Finding accompaniment
Learn more about our professional studios.